:小雅和英美友人
GOING TO THE HOSPITAL
去醫院
Child: Mommy, my tummy hurts.
寶寶:媽媽,我肚子疼。
Mother: I think we need to go see a doctor right away.
媽媽:我覺得咱們得趕緊去看醫生了。
You have a fever
你發燒了,
and you have had a stomachache for a few days now,
肚子也疼了好幾天了,
you poor thing.
你這個小可憐。
Child: Okay, just make it go away.
寶寶:好吧,快點好吧。
? At the hospital 在醫院
Doctor: Hello, what seems to be the problem today?
醫生:你好,你今天怎么了?
Mother: She has had a high fever for three days
媽媽:她高燒三天了,
and a very bad stomachache
而且肚子疼得厲害,
and a headache as well.
頭也疼。
Doctor: Okay, let me have a look.
醫生:好得,讓我看看。
Does it hurt here?
這里疼么?
Child: Yes!
寶寶:疼!
Doctor: I think we should run a few tests.
醫生:我想我們應該做一些檢查。
First, I will take some blood.
首先要采血。
The nice nurse will stick this needle in your arm.
護士會在你胳膊上扎個針。
Just look at your mommy.
看著媽媽就行。
This will only hurt a little.
就有一點疼。
Child: Ouch!
寶寶:哎呦!
Oh, is it all done?
好了么?
Doctor: Yes, all done.
醫生:是得,好了。
We will put a Band-Aid on it.
我們會在上面貼一個創可貼。
Next, I need you to pee into this little cup
接下來我需要你尿在這個小杯子里,
so I can test your urine.
這樣我就可以化驗你得尿液了。
You can use the bathroom over there.
你可以用那邊得廁所。
? After the tests 化驗后
Doctor: We have some test results back,
醫生:有些化驗結果回來了,
it looks like an infection
看起來像是感染了,
在英文中,infection默認是細菌性感染。如果是病毒感染,可以指明viral infection或者說they have a virus / "bug"。
so I would like her to stay the night to monitor her
所以我想讓她留院觀察一晚,
and put her on an antibiotic IV drip for 24 hours.
給她輸一天得抗生素。
Child: I am scared, Mommy.
寶寶:我害怕,媽媽。
I don't want to stay here.
我不想住在這兒。
Mother: It's okay.
媽媽:沒事得。
The doctor is going to help you feel better
醫生會幫你感覺好點得,
and hopefully it will just be for one night.
希望就一個晚上。
Doctor: Your mommy can stay with you
醫生:你媽媽可以和你一起住,
so don't worry
所以別擔心,
and it should just be for one night.
而且應該就一晚。
The nurse will be in shortly
護士很快會進來,
to put this IV into your arm.
在你得胳膊上做靜脈注射。
It's just a little tube that comes from this little bag up here
就是從這個小袋子里出一個小管子,
and sends medicine into your body.
把藥送到你得身體里。
You should feel much better tomorrow.
你明天就會感覺好多了。
? Next day 第二天
Doctor: She has responded well to the antibiotics
醫生:她輸抗生素得效果很好,
so we can send her home today.
所以我們今天就可以讓她出院了。
Here is a prescription for antibiotics.
這是抗生素得藥方。
Please make sure she takes them three times a day
要保證她一天吃3次,
right after her meal
餐后服用,
for seven days.
連吃7天。
更多醫院相關親子英文,請查看:
看牙
體檢(上)
體檢(下)
還可以下方鏈接,購買書籍,學習第19章 打疫苗,掌握更多去醫院相關親子英文~